|Succeeded By:||Knight-class Frigate|
|Size:||Length: 140 Meters|
Beam: 18 Meters
Draft: 14 Meters
|Standard Complement:||150 Officers & Crew|
|Armaments:||20x Coilguns (6 & 10-inch)|
4x Torpedo Tubes
2x Grappling Cannons
|Auxiliary Craft:||4x Porter-class Shuttle|
The Archer-class Frigate was designed during the War of Secession. The first of the Archer-class frigates was launched in early 2021 CE alongside the first Striker-class Destroyers. Along with the Striker-class, the Archer-class was intended to be a defensive escort for Templar-class battleships, Swordsman-class cruisers, as well as transports carry new recruits from Earth prior to the Fall of Earth and it's subsequent quarantine.
The Archer-class Frigate was created for use against the United Earth Fleet during the War of Secession. The first Archer-class vessels were launched in 2021 CE alongside the first Striker-class destroyers. Following the end of the war, many of the Archer-class frigates were kept on as patrol vessels and armed couriers. The class was kept in service until the mid-2300s when it was phased out rapidly in favor of the new Knight-class frigates.
Because of the dangers of jumping without shields, and the lack of development in shielding technology until the mid-2200s, the Archer-class has the second highest loss rate of it's contemporaries, second only to Striker-class destroyers.
- Length: 140 Meters
- Beam: 18 Meters
- Draft: 14 Meters
- Decks: 4
- Minimum: 20 (War Era) / 10 (Post War)
- Standard: 150 Officers & Crew
- Maximum: 350
- Hull: Titanium Alloy
- Armor Plating: 1 meter Case-hardened Steel, Titanium, & Ceramic Composite Plates over a .75 meter thick synthetic diamond sheath (Post-war retrofits)
- Armor Plating: Synthetic composites, case-hardened steel, ceramic plates (War era)
- Deck 1: Bridge, Communications Center, Coilgun Battery & Magazine, Grappling Hook Battery
- Deck 2: Brig, Embarked Marine Quarters, Crew Quarters, Mess Hall, Infirmary
- Deck 3: Torpedo Magazine, Hangar, Reactor, Storage, Water Reclamation
- Deck 4: Coilgun Battery & Magazine, Grappling Hook Battery
- Image: DeviantArt
- Credit to JJasso. Used with permission.