|SFCV Hammer of Dawn (CMX-01/CM1-01)
||Hoplite-class Missile Cruiser
||2154 CE - 2289 CE
|Ship Crew Information
The SFCV Hammer of Dawn
(CMX-01/CM1-01) was the prototype of the Hoplite-class of missile cruiser
. The SFCV Hammer of Dawn
was lost with all hands in 2289 CE
Construction of the SFCV Hammer of Dawn (CMX-01) began in 2148 CE, as an experimental modification to an incomplete Samurai-class cruiser. Because of the extent of the redesign, and integrating advances in technology in the intervening years, the Hammer of Dawn wouldn't be completed until 2154 CE, when it was launched. The Hammer of Dawn would be commissioned the following year, in 2155 CE, to join the Fleet, when it was renumbered as the CM1-01.
The Hammer of Dawn spent much of the 2100s involved in anti-piracy patrols, and being involved in limited orbit-to-surface (OTS) bombardments, to make use of it's greater stock of missiles. However, after the first few years, it was determined that the major shortcoming of the class was the relatively limited stockpile of expendable munitions it could carry relative to other cruisers. This prompted a series of overhauls in 2186 CE, that left it in the shipyards until the following year, as equipment to manufacture supplies was added.
The Hammer of Dawn would serve a relatively undistinguished history until the Sovereign Colonies Conflict, when it was instrumental in overwhelming anti-orbital defenses on a Sovereign Colonies-held world.
Following the end of the war, the Hammer of Dawn returned to a relatively uneventful routine, until 2289 CE, when it was lost with all hands due to an enmeshment event.
- Main article: Hoplite-class Missile Cruiser
- Length: 430 Meters
- Width: 23 Meters
- Height: 20 Meters
- Minimum: 2
- Standard: 150
- Maximum: 450
- Primary: Antimatter Reactor
- Hull: Titanium Alloy with a 1.5 meter thick synthetic diamond sheath
- Armor Plating: Case-hardened Steel, Titanium, & Ceramic Composite Plates (Easily removable to replace damaged plates)
- Nanitic & Composite Armor
- Capable of limited self repair via nanites
- Dual Shield Generators
- Close in Weapons System
- Directed EMP Generator (Designed to disable missiles & incoming craft)
- (??) Anti-Fighter/Missile Close in Weapons Batteries
- (40) VLS Missile Silos
- (20) 12-inch Coilgun Batteries
- (2) Plasma Cannons
- Cybernetic Warfare Suite