SFCV Heart of Winter
|SFCV Heart of Winter (BB1-02)|
|Ship Class:||Praetorian-class Battleship|
|In Service:||2341 CE - 2503 CE|
|Task Force:||Task Force Winter|
|Ship Crew Information|
|Captain Alex Kendrin|
Space Forces Command
|Crew Complement:||300 Officers & Crew|
Subsequent to counter-pirate operations, the Heart of Winter was independently sent on a classified mission. This mission resulted in the Heart of Winter Incident.
The SFCV Heart of Winter (BB1-02) was a sister vessel to the SFCV Heart of Fall, built at the same time in a neighboring shipyard in orbit over Sanctuary, and commissioned beside it in 2341 CE. The Heart of Winter has had a rather undistinguished history, with the majority of it's combat history against pirate vessels.
The Heart of Winter's major claim to fame was the defeat of a number of older generation warships that had been decommissioned and disarmed before being sent to serve as colony vessels. A number of them, after being returned to Sanctuary, were captured and rearmed by pirates, later being outclassed and outgunned by the Heart of Winter.
The Heart of Winter, following that, was one of the most decorated vessels in the fleet. In 2502, the SFCV Heart of Winter was detached by Central Command for independent operations. In mid-2503 CE, the SFCV Heart of Winter emerged from it's Point Singularity Jump over above Sanctuary. The Heart of Winter failed to respond to any communication, before plunging into Sanctuary's atmosphere where it partially broke up, with large sections of it falling to the planet.
- Main article: Praetorian-class Battleship
- Length: 548 Meters
- Beam: 72 Meters
- Draft: 30 Meters
- Decks: 8
- Minimum: Five (Limited Functionality)
- Standard: 300
- Plus another 100 Marines
- Maximum: 1,200
- Hull: Titanium Alloy beneath a one-meter thick Synthetic Diamond Sheath
- Armor Plating: Three meters of Case-hardened Steel, Titanium, & Ceramic Composite Plates
- Deck 01: Coilgun Battery & Magazine, Bridge, Plasma Cannon Battery, Coilgun Battery & Magazine
- Deck 02: Officer's Mess, Officer's Quarters, Combat Intelligence Center, Particle Beam Weapon Battery (Mk II Only)
- Deck 03: Crew Mess, Coilgun Battery & Magazine Crew Quarters, Medical Bay, Stasis Pod Bays, Coilgun Battery & Magazine
- Deck 04: Torpedo Tubes & Magazine, Hangar (Upper Half), Antimatter Reactor (Upper Half), Coilgun Battery & Magazine, Engine Compartment (Upper Half)
- Deck 05: Torpedo Tubes & Magazine, Hangar (Lower Half), Antimatter Reactor (Lower Half), Electronic Warfare Center, Engine Compartment (Lower Half)
- Deck 06: Marine Mess, Coilgun Battery & Magazine, Marine Quarters, Marine Training Section, Coilgun Battery & Magazine
- Deck 07: Water Reclamation, Storage, Vehicle Storage, Particle Beam Weapon Battery (Mk II Only)
- Deck 08: Coilgun Battery & Magazine, Cargo Bay (Foreward), Plasma Cannon Battery, Cargo Bay (Aft), Coilgun Battery & Magazine
|Task Force Winter|